Alto’s mission has always been to make it easy for everyone to invest in alternative assets using their IRA, not just the wealthy and well-connected.
It’s why we’re constantly striving to create better experiences for Alto users, most recently with updates to our CryptoIRA platform.
Here’s what we did and why.
1. Updated the CryptoIRA Dashboard
We started by giving the CryptoIRA Dashboard a facelift. To make it easier to tell how much money you have in your account, we made the account value and cash available more prominent, as well as specified that the cash available is USD. We also added a pie chart to give you an at-a-glance breakdown of your various investments.
2. Clarified Language on the Trade Crypto Page
We also revised some of the language on the Trade Crypto page to more closely reflect typical exchanges. You’ll see that with following changes:
- ~ Current Value is now Account Value
- Cash Balance is now ~ USD Balance
- Removed available to transfer to Coinbase
- USD in Coinbase Wallet is now USD Available to Invest, and Trade is now Buy
- Cryptocurrencies in Coinbase Wallet is now Total Investments, and Trade is now Sell
- Crypto Wallet is now Portfolio
3. Simplified the e-Signature Process
Previously, any time you wanted to execute a trade, you had to complete an e-signature form. Now, after your first trade, you will only need to check a box agreeing to subsequent trades. This makes the process quicker and easier.
First e-Signature Form
Subsequent e-Signature Form
Investing in Alternative Assets Shouldn’t Be Complicated
We believe everyone should be able to invest their IRA in alternative assets, like crypto, and we’re always working to make doing so easy. We’re also constantly adding new coins—like most recently DOGE, MLN, and GTC—so be on the lookout for new crypto investment opportunities.
If you have any questions or need help, our Support Center is always being updated.
Still can’t find what you need? Feel free to reach out to us at any time. We’re here to help.