Direction to Transfer Funds To/From Coinbase® Wallet
Updated: April 16, 2021
- I hereby authorize and direct AltoIRA (Administrator) to transfer funds as specified between the undirected cash account maintained by the Administrator for the benefit of my AltoIRA account and the fiat currency wallet account (the “Fiat Wallet”) established and maintained by AltoIRA at Coinbase. I understand this transfer may take three or more business days to be reflected in my account. All transfers are to be made in US dollars.
- I understand funds transferred to the Fiat Wallet will be held by Coinbase in a commingled, omnibus custodial account for the benefit of AltoIRA accounts and other Coinbase customers, which may be a bank account insured by the FDIC (up to applicable limits) or a trust account holding short term U.S. treasuries as Coinbase may determine. I understand this is a non-interest-bearing investment and no interest shall be payable to my AltoIRA account based on the balance of funds held in the Fiat Wallet. I understand cryptocurrency is not legal tender and is not backed by the government, and losses from investments in such digital assets, including losses that result from a failure of Coinbase, are not insured by the FDIC or any other government program or agency.
- I confirm that I am directing the Administrator to complete this transfer according to the data entered by and presented to me. I agree that my account is self-directed, and I take complete responsibility for any investment or transfer I choose for my account, including the funds transfer hereby authorized. I agree that neither the Administrator nor the Custodian (Alto Trust Co.) sells or endorses any investment products or services, or assumes any responsibility or liability for the acts or omissions of any provider or issuer of any investment or other third party, including Coinbase.
- I agree the Administrator and the Custodian will not be liable for any investment losses sustained by me or my account as a result of this transaction. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Administrator and the Custodian and their respective officers, directors, shareholders and employees, agents, and assigns, from any and all claims, actions, proceedings, damages, judgments, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and any loss to my account as a result of any action I have taken or failed to take in connection with this investment transaction, including, without limitation, claims, actions, proceedings, damages, judgments, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) asserted by me.
- I agree not to use my access to Coinbase, including but not limited to the Fiat Wallet, any digital asset wallet or any Coinbase services made available to me through AltoIRA, in order to, or for any activity that would: (i) violate, or assist in violation of, any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation, or applicable sanctions programs including but not limited to those of the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”); (ii) transfer proceeds of any unlawful activity; (iii) publish, distribute or disseminate any unlawful material or information; (iv) impose interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Market Platform or intercept or expropriates any system, data, or information; (v) transmit or upload any material to Coinbase systems that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, or any other harmful or deleterious programs; (vi) attempt to gain unauthorized access to Coinbase systems, other Coinbase accounts, computer systems or networks connected to Coinbase systems or the Coinbase site, through password mining or any other means; (vii) use Coinbase account information of another party, except to the extent I have been expressly authorized by such party, or transfer account access or rights to a third party, unless by operation of law or with the express permission of Coinbase; or (viii) defraud Coinbase or any other person or entity.
- I agree I am responsible for creating a strong password and maintaining adequate security and control of any and all IDs, passwords, hints, personal identification numbers (PINs), any other codes that I use to access the Alto Platform. Any loss or compromise of the foregoing information and/or my personal information may result in unauthorized access to my Alto User account by third-parties and the loss or theft of any property and/or funds held in my AltoIRA account(s). I agree that I am responsible for keeping my email address and telephone number up to date in my Account Profile in order to receive any notices or alerts that Alto may send. I understand I should never allow remote access or share my computer screen with someone else when logged on to the Alto Platform. I acknowledge and agree that Alto assumes no responsibility or liability for, or duty to insure against, any loss that I may sustain due to compromise of my account login credentials through no fault of Alto. I understand that in the event I believe my Alto User account has been compromised or I suspect that my password has been lost or stolen, I must immediately notify Alto at [email protected] or by phone at (877) 673-1557.
- I UNDERSTAND COINBASE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, COINBASE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NONINFRINGEMENT. COINBASE DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT ACCESS TO THE COINBASE SITE, ANY PART OF THE COINBASE SERVICES, OR ANY OF THE MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN, WILL BE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, OR ERROR-FREE.